We are a dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer to help deliver awe-inspiring solutions.
We’re looking for builders and creators – smart, motivated and professional Web Developers who aren’t afraid to stand out, speak their minds and create extraordinary applications. We look for people who strive for perfection and take pride in what they do. We aim for nothing less than excellence, from the manner in which we engage with our clients to the quality of every code commit.
We are looking for people who develop in PHP/Laravel (and other stacks) not merely for the sake of keeping a job, but because they truly enjoy software development.
If you know when to use a CSS flexbox versus when to use an HTML table, and if you can impress with your knowledge of CSS animations and Laravel Middleware, we want to meet you! This is your chance to switch from a mediocre work life to a fast-paced and challenging work environment where you can reach your full potential. You will be exposed to a variety of tech stacks and will need to pick up the sort of skills that will enable you to deliver quality code at the speed of light! In addition to working with the latest tech stack, you’ll also get a chance to make a difference through your contributions to various projects. Many of our projects are in the public health space and you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of public health in South Africa.
We are not just looking for a Web Engineer. We are looking for someone who is willing and eager to grow with us beyond PHP into other stacks – Meteor, Elixir, Python. The choice is yours.
Please ensure that you meet the above criteria before submitting your response. Kindly respond back with your portfolio, customer references and any other links that can demonstrate your past projects.
We offer various perks based on the role and position:
- 27″ Macs for all team members
- Subscription to Laracasts
- Subscriptions to safari books and other computing journals
- Training and certifications for AWS and Azure
Your tasks will include:
- Write APIs using PHP and Laravel and build front ends
- The APIs must adhere to JSON/REST specifications and use JWT for authentication
- The authentication/authorisation APIs will require integration with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc – any experience with such integration is highly desirable
- Write unit and integration tests using PHP Unit
- Provide support on existing systems as we re-factor and develop new systems
- Coordinate between junior developers, testers and customers regarding features, delivery time-lines, bugs etc.
- Must have at least 1-5 years of experience writing code in PHP, Laravel and Vue.js
- Must have a solid understanding of Laravel principles and design patterns, including middleware and Eloquent ORM models
- Must have a good understanding of design patterns used with Laravel APIs
- Must have a good understanding of deployment models used for Azure or AWS including Docker and AWS ECS
- Experience with AWS or Azure is highly desirable.
- Must have expert HTML and CSS skills including SVGs, Flexbox, HTML 5 etc.
- Must have used Linux or Mac as primary work environment.
- Must be comfortable with tools such as SSH, SCP etc.
- Knowledge of Ember.js, React.js, Vue.js is highly desirable.
- Between 1-5 years of experience in writing robust, efficient production grade code
- Experience with Postgres database
- Experience with development in a Linux/Mac environment
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or Mathematics and Statistics.
- Proficiency in using advanced Laravel features such as Middleware, traits etc.
- Postgres database
- Linux/Mac environment
- Production codes
- Software Development
Desired Work Experience
- 1 to 5 years
Desired Education Level
- Bachelors Degree
|Job Type||Full time|