We require the services of a Business Development Specialist to join our dynamic team.
As the Business Development Specialist you will be responsible for improving/building our market position and achieving financial growth. You will be required to build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and negotiate and close business deals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Re-generate dormant accounts.
- Target opposition accounts.
- Reach monthly targets, submit action plan if targets are not reached and discuss with line management.
- Monthly target list to be done and results monitored.
- Updating pipeline spread sheet with deadlines.
- Ensure a continuous robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Load all new account applications and ensure the client has completed the application correctly.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service – ensure any special conditions and rates are loaded against the account and inform all relevant departments.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- 3 years of relevant new business sales experience within a relevant/similar corporate sales environment and a verifiable new business track record. –
- Higher Certificate or similar relevant tertiary qualification (NQF5)
- Diploma or similar relevant qualification (NQF6)
- Valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s license
- Exposure to business development and generation
- Strong understanding of client and market dynamics and requirements
- Computer literate specifically advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Qualification Accreditation
|Job Category||Business Development|