SQL stands for Structured Query Language and is used to communicate with databases. It can be used for storing, manipulating and retrieving data in databases.
A database is basically just a collection of data. A database usually contains one or more tables with columns and rows.
Some of The Most Important SQL Commands:
- SELECT – extracts data from a database
- UPDATE – updates data in a database
- DELETE – deletes data from a database
- INSERT INTO – inserts new data into a database
- CREATE DATABASE – creates a new database
- ALTER DATABASE – modifies a database
- CREATE TABLE – creates a new table
- ALTER TABLE – modifies a table
- DROP TABLE – deletes a table
- CREATE INDEX – creates an index (search key)
- DROP INDEX – deletes an index
Here is a very good website to help you learn more about SQL: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp
Also, here is a link to a Youtube video that helped me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_tz1z_5bA